Dr. Samantha Boardman is a New York-based positive psychiatrist who is committed to fixing what’s wrong and building what’s strong. She’s also the founder of positiveprescription.com, a website where she shares practical and achievable strategies that are life-enhancing and resilience-building. Samantha is the author of Everyday Vitality, a book that she hopes will inspire readers to find strength within their stress and learn how to live life to the fullest. Samantha and Brit talk about post-pandemic resiliency, the power of connecting with others, and finding genuine fulfillment in life.
WE TALK ABOUT
- Creating “bad day” backup plans
- Practicing autonomous support in relationships
- Navigating life coming out of the pandemic
- Science-backed positive psychiatry methods, such as Strength Surveys
- How to be deliberate about having positive emotions and connecting with others in your everyday life
- Samantha’s journey to becoming a ‘positive psychiatrist’ and tips for folks who want to enter the field
- How to find a positive psychiatrist
- Buy Dr. Boardman’s book, Everyday Vitality: penguinrandomhouse.com
- Follow Dr. Boardman: @drsamanthaboardman
- Follow Alli: @alliwebb
- Follow Lori: @loriharder
- Follow Brittany: @britdrisc
- Text GIRLFRIENDS to 310-496-8363 for updates and a chance to be featured on the show!